If you’re on Facebook…..

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
MrCym

If you’re on Facebook…..

Post by MrCym »

I’m having fun with a real wannabe in orchids, Adeljean Ho. He tried to make a racist connection about my comment on Aussie’s super cat problem, you know the one who cries racist first is usually a racist themself. This Ho teaches at some Community College in FL and knows diddly substantive about orchids. I’m enjoying tweaking his fragile ego!
Gary S

Re: If you’re on Facebook…..

Post by Gary S »

Andy, I can only say I am glad I miss out on all that crap. Never will be on any social media platform. As far as I am concerned the world was a better place before the rise of these entities. They are the source of so much trouble and evil in the world today.
sabredance2

Post by sabredance2 »

Gary, as you say, progress is often a conundrum. Oppenheimer the film reflected this well, the pursuit of science can have disasterous outcomes. Whilst Social Media has been massive in connecting the world, the downside is that it includes those with no ethical compass. And as the saying goes, "you aint seen nothing yet," AI will add another dimension for social cohesion, and disruption.
Ah, for the old days when we eagerly waited for a fax from Geyserland Orchids outlining the latest germination of Andy's crosses. I thought that was amazing technology at the time.
Gary S

Post by Gary S »

Yes, as you say Graham - the good old days. Technically the world might be more advanced, but socially it is not with the emergence of these platforms..