Travelling from tomorrow onwards…..

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
MrCym

Travelling from tomorrow onwards…..

Post by MrCym »

Time for the annual Ruiter Pilgrimage with a Turkish delight on the return. By the time l get to Bert’s, all the sale plants are gone so you only see the good stuff. I keep getting envious of the quality level but l never get to see any woofers, in his crosses or mine.
It will be an intensive nine days but to enjoy the company of Adrie Smits is always so educational and the Ruiters are exceptional hosts. The Cym pot plant market in the EU is booming so an air of optimism will suit me just fine. Many of Bert’s potential clones are proprietary so any pictures will be sans RHS names but very interesting for enthusiasts around the world to peruse.
My friend Fatih Üreten in Turkey is a splendid host as well as a rapidly advancing grower so l hope to return to Colombia with batteries recharged and a head full of new hybridizing ideas!
cricketerry

Re: Travelling from tomorrow onwards…..

Post by cricketerry »

Go, enjoy, learn something new. Have a great and inspiring time.
Terry
Rob Allan

Post by Rob Allan »

Have a great time Andy. Pushing it to ask if you were able to take the flask that I won with you to Bert to pass on?
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

I don’t smuggle plants! But your flask is safely in Andijk with the paperwork. Now you’ll have to reimburse Bert for the mailing to Greece!
Rob Allan

Post by Rob Allan »

Thanks so much Andy. I’ll liaise with Bert. Enjoy your trip.