RUMOUR

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
sabredance2

RUMOUR

Post by sabredance2 »

Has anyone caught wind of the rumour suggesting the release of a book in 2024 centered around the life of a prominent figure within the Orchid community? One might assume that the scope of individuals this pertains to would be quite limited.
Gary S

Re: RUMOUR

Post by Gary S »

No I haven't Sabre, but tell us more. There has been talk on this forum over the years, that Andy might get around to doing that one day. Lets hope so.
sabredance2

Post by sabredance2 »

Gary, I wouldn't be surprised at all. We're well aware of Andy's tendency to be elusive, so it's entirely possible that he's been holding back on us regarding his time constraints. However, I must emphasize that this is purely speculative on my part. What I can confirm at this juncture is that there's talk of something in the pipeline.
Gary S

Post by Gary S »

Maybe that is why he has been spotted in town buying heaps of pens and notebooks - and they would not be for his hybrid records. :o

You also know what Mr Cym is like on people spreading rumors around here, so I hope your intel is good.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

An autobiography? I'd be honoured to write the FORWARD.
Last edited by Nigel on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

Actually l’ve almost decided NOT to write a book. Why share valuable orchid experience with every Tom, Dick or Harry? So l can profess my distance from a writing rumor. But l did receive some hot gossip tonight. Apparently Chase is back in Pommieland since the West Australian University he’s hiding at is on Summer break. He has few friends in the British Orchid Taxonomy world and Kew is well rid of him!
Gary S

Post by Gary S »

Well there goes that rumor - what is your next hint Sabre?
sabredance2

Post by sabredance2 »

Gary, didn't say that it was definitely about this forum's host. Perhaps it is Chase? Then again, I do remember Andy saying something along the lines of having a ghost writer. My source says this is rock solid info, so obviously time will tell. As they say, where there's smoke ...
Gary S

Post by Gary S »

Well I won't be lining up to get a personally signed copy of a book by Chase, no chance of that. A ghost writer, hmm no wonder Nigel has been quiet around here for the last year. I will pay a premium for the 1st personally signed copy by Mr Cym.
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

I always heard that where there’s smoke lung cancer is likely!