A little game.....

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
Rob Allan

Re: A little game.....

Post by Rob Allan »

Andy, Could you get a flask to Bert? I am slowly rebuilding my collection with plants from him, which is not a problem as we are both in the EU. If so, please he could forward it on to me on Corfu. Rob.
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

Rob, yes that will work! Congratulations!
Gary S

Post by Gary S »

Enjoy growing that flask on to great seedlings Rob.
Rob Allan

Post by Rob Allan »

Thanks Gary. Keen to find out what the crossing might be. Rob.
Rob Allan

Post by Rob Allan »

Andy, can you send the flask from the quiz I won last year to Bert Ruiter to send on to me? I gather from Bert, when he spoke to you at the SB show recently, that there is no new additional European agent for NH? With Bert pushing more on the wholesale side now, my main source of decent cymbidiums has dried up. Cheers, Rob. PS: I have flowered the attached, Cym. Irma la Douce, that I got a piece of from Bert last year.
Attachments
IMG_2267.jpeg
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

Well I will do my best, hopefully no problems at the Amsterdam end. It won't be the Keshab Pradhan cross however, long deflasked by now.

We are certainly looking at adding another commercial grower in the EU to our supply list but not to carry any of our hobbyist lines. One has only to look at the woeful Cyms in Dresden this week to realize that the EU is quality Cymbidium poor! You should have flown to Dresden with your blooming of Cym Irma la Douce, it would have shocked the locals.

New Horizon can scarcely keep up with demand for commercial types and the hobby scene is moribund outside California, Australia and Portugal it would seem. I think we are 1.5 generations ahead of the pack given what I see around the traps and with our 12 month of the year blooming, I'm aiming to get at least two generations ahead before I croak! And remember, we do it all, from minis to standards, hobbyist and commercial with a particular concentration on WT and alba lines currently.
Rob Allan

Post by Rob Allan »

Andy,
That’s a bleak picture you paint on the hobbyist scene, though I guess much as suspected.

Can I be cheeky re the flash and ask if it could be of something interesting in the darker tones. Cheers, Rob.