Wonder who’s in Taiwan for the WOC?

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
MrCym

Wonder who’s in Taiwan for the WOC?

Post by MrCym »

Besides the usual parasites like Herr and Frau Hermans etc. Anyone know if Chalmers fronted? Maybe he’s saving his expertise for the European Orchid Congress in Dresden.
Unfortunately Bob Fuchs major surgery has precluded his attendance. He’s always the right person to control the WOC Trust and keep the suck-up Poms on the back foot. Rumor has it that greedy Singapore is trying to push Medellin, Colombia out of the 2029 hosting. Very few oldies will remember Medellin hosting in 1972 but Ernest Hetherington told the orchid world it was the best WOC he ever attended. Medellin in 2029 could only be better with an orchid-rich hinterland and young enthusiasts in every orchid society!
sabredance2

Re: Wonder who’s in Taiwan for the WOC?

Post by sabredance2 »

Not many it would appear.
kenoohcs

Post by kenoohcs »

The organization was pretty desperate looking for speakers, they approached me 3 times, and I have nothing to tell.
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

Well there´s surely a limit to how many Phalaenopsis I want to see! I never contemplated attending and likely will have minimal interest in going to Germany in 2026.
My time is valuable. I will only attend an orchid event when I can be sure of being part of an educational experience.
royalarea

Post by royalarea »

Yes he and his wife went. I missed his raves.
royalarea

Post by royalarea »

Yes, the hermons were there, as you can imagine pompous Grifters the pair of them.
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

I am not imagining! I know how worthless the pair of them are. Neither with any comprehensive orchid knowledge, total parasites. It’s good to be in a position to call them out. I could care nothing to call them out to the whole orchid world, they can do nothing to me! Beware genuine orchidists!
pauleyboy

Post by pauleyboy »

Why the antagonism towards the Hermanns? I must admit she was very condescending about a Masdevallia that I'd put up to the RHS Orchid Committee for judging. 6 for with 6 against. I'll not post another Masdevallia photo so please don't worry.
Attachments
alpha.jpg
MrCym

Post by MrCym »

She’s an ignorant bitch. Please, NO pictures of anything other than Cym Alliance and Odm Alliance on this forum!