The ¨road¨to Santa Barbara starts tomorrow!

This is the New Horizon Orchids Public Forum.
MrCym

The ¨road¨to Santa Barbara starts tomorrow!

Post by MrCym »

Short day at work tomorrow, making a few urgent crosses and moving a group of seedlings in 11.0 cm pots. The plants are doing wonderfully, like their grower, they thrive on sunshine and we´re surely getting our share. I love El Nino!

Will spend tomorrow night and Saturday with my bride and then a very early United flight Sunday to Houston and thence to Los Angeles to get a rental and head to Santa Barbara. It´s amazing how people can sense when one is under time pressure so i´ve been bothered with calls and texts all day! I will have Colombian company however as my good friends, Ana Patricia Villegas and her son, Sebastian are also starters this year.

Hopefully, I can get a major posting completed this evening. We are going right off crop currently so pictures will be scarce for a time. Never mind, when I go to The Netherlands after Easter, I´m sure Bert Ruiter will have lots of interesting seedlings to view.

It´s amazing to see the hard work Lauris Rose and her team are putting into the show this year. I hope both the exhibitors and vendors take time to make some grateful comment. Once again, there´s no US orchid show to equal Santa Barbara plus some relief from Phalaenopsis total overload last week will be an enjoyable respite. Don´t expect much posting from me in the next couple of weeks, my time in SB is limited and I have several potentially serious clients to meet up with too. But you can be sure I´ll give yáll the scoop on the John Rowe Memorial Award as soon as the judges have made their decision.And the plant will have impact....
richardb

Re: The ¨road¨to Santa Barbara starts tomorrow!

Post by richardb »

Really good to hear you so up beat about the trip, Andy. I know you will extract maximum enjoyment from the trip - that is, when the usual disagreeable flights are behind you, but I am sure we shall get a blow by blow account of those in due course. Enjoy!
cricketerry

Post by cricketerry »

MrCym wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 pm .............. I´ll give yáll the scoop on the John Rowe Memorial Award as soon as the judges have made their decision.And the plant will have impact....
That's the pic I'm most looking forward to 😀.Have a good trip .
Terry
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Have a great trip, Andy, and enjoy the show !